David Ryan – Head of Development
David has been Head of Development at Tile Films since 2014, having first joined the company in 2005. He heads up a team of talented and creative researchers who develop high end factual, specialist factual and drama projects. David also works in production as a writer and creative producer. He has developed and scripted some of Tile’s landmark projects, including the multi award-winning Sacred Sites series, Aerial Britain, Seven Women, After Braveheart and the IFTA-winning Cromwell in Ireland. He also researched and co-directed the acclaimed 18-part series Cé a Chónaigh i mo Theachsa? He also worked on the epic 6 x 52 minute series Decoding Christianity, Death or Canada and The Ghosts of Duffy’s Cut.
In his spare time David writes history books. His latest book, Buck Whaley: Ireland’s Greatest Adventurer, a biography of Thomas ‘Buck’ Whaley, who travelled to Jerusalem in 1789 for a £15,000 wager, was published by Merrion Press in February 2019. His first book, Blasphemers & Blackguards: The Irish Hellfire Clubs, was published in 2012.
Associated Tile Films Productions
- Writer · Aerial Britain (Episode 4)
- Creative Producer · Sacred Sites – Season 2
- Writer · Sacred Sites – Seasons 1 & 2
- Writer · After Braveheart
- Writer · Seven Women
- Researcher · Cé A Chónaigh I Mo Theachsa? (Series 2)
- Researcher · Cé A Chónaigh I Mo Theachsa? (Series 1)
- Script Editor · The End Of Ageing
- Writer · Cromwell In Ireland
- Researcher · Decoding Christianity
- Researcher · Death or Canada
- Researcher · The Ghosts of Duffy’s Cut